Business Development Analyst
The Business Development Analyst will perform a unique role at GlobalVetLINK. The qualified individual will proactively assist in exploring, analyzing and managing new Industry Partner opportunities within GlobalVetLINK. The Business Development Analyst will play an integral role in advancing the definition and procurement of new business development opportunities, contributing to the new revenue growth as well as leveraging existing Industry Partner relationships.
This individual reports to the Director of Business Development, and will help advance targeted business development opportunities that support the growth of our web based SaaS business. Additionally, this individual will work with the GVL team to manage internal and external communications related to prospective business development opportunities.
- Conduct market and sector analysis to identify ideal prospects for business development consideration.
- Maintain existing key partner relationships and coordinate the hand-off from the Business Development Director to the appropriate GVL project team member(s)
- Establish and implement monthly reporting of all Business Development opportunities including revenue stream, project updates - and manage within budget and schedule
- Assist in advancing targeted projects through GVL’s New Product Commercialization process by creating deliverables and managing timelines
- Take the lead role in creation and refinement of business development presentations
- Interact with internal and external customers by seeking and assembling supporting data and materials related to the Business Development process
- Participate in a team oriented, sense-of-urgency process, addressing business development initiatives
- Contribute to the organization and management of the IP strategy and related registrations and documentation, such as:
- Intellectual properties
- Business governances
- Assist in identifying strategic business opportunities by researching and gaining an understanding of the market environment and competitive situation
- Participate with the management team in annual strategic and long-range planning activities
- Work in a self directed manner within a fast paced, high rewarding environment
- Exhibit professionalism in all internal and external environments, exemplifying GVL’s core values
- Perform duties with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Minimum B.S./B.A. Degree Required
- 5-7 years of related experience preferably in business development or related discipline
- Highly analytical with the ability to identify, propose and document unique solutions to complex problems
- Highly competent communication skills - direct, phone and written
- Well organized, high energy, and detail oriented
- Proven presentation skills with experience addressing professional and technical audiences
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, internet technologies, and a SaaS businesses
- Ability to work effectively with broad range of customer types ranging from end users to key decision makers, senior management and owners
- A passion to learn and grow knowledge within the Animal Health field
GlobalVetLINK (GVL®) was founded in 2001 and is the nation's leader in electronic animal health records, providing intuitive online certification solutions that enable animal health practitioners to quickly and accurately create professional health records. Animal health practitioners andtheir clients can manage their records at any time and from anywhere with Internet access.
The GlobalVetLINK system uniquely connects veterinarians, animal owners, animal diagnostic laboratories, industry partners, and government officials to improve overall animal wellness and safety. GVL’s services embrace both companion and food animal health practitioners to establish protocols that will help improve their business in all aspects including saving money and time.
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Associate
- Industry: Online veterinary software
- Posted: 1-4-2012
Please email GlobalVetLINK with your cover letter and resume.